Friday, October 26, 2007

Brushes on a Budget...

Buying makeup brushes can be overwhelming at times. You go to the counter and they've got a different brush for everything, by the time you've bought three of them you're already out $100 or so! Well rest assured my budgeting Betties, I have a solution for you!

Walgreens, yes I said it, drugstore makeup brushes. It's my little secret, but I'm feeling nice and sharing it with you. My favorite is the Foundation and Conceal Brush (seen to the left). You get a flawless result by smoothing on your cream or liquid foundations all over the face, you can even get into the little nooks and crannies by flipping it around and using the conceal side. It's easy to clean with a little brush cleaner or even just some baby shampoo. The best part .... it's only $9.99!!

This line is called "Perfection" there is also another one called "Salon Collection". The powder and blush brushes are surprisingly soft and the selection of eye and lip brushes is quite extensive.

Trust me, I have my fair share of pricey brushes, and yes they are amazing. I recommend investing in one here and there. It will be worth it in the long run. But if you're just starting out, this is a great way to add to your collection without breaking the bank!

No comments: